Philippe, Bruno – France & Marc – Spain
This time, this friends’ trio wants to make 3 trips of 34h “special marlins, stand up”. They are convinced that there is marlin in Rodrigues but no one really looks for it. The 1st trip is around the island and the 2 others are on the Eastern Bank. The weather conditions are difficult at first and rough in the end. But they are warriors! What’s the result by the way? 9 marlins seen, 8 strikes, 3 unhooked, 5 caught.
2 black marlins noirs are embarked:
• the 1st of 250kg has arrived dead by the boat after a 2h30 fight. If it seemed well hooked by the fish’s mouth, after numerous jumps, it unhooked but the hook came right… in the anus!
• Bruno caught the 2nd one, live baiting (catalina) on a yellowfin tuna. It suffocated to death. It was 150 kg
3 blue marlins were released in excellent conditions:
• A small blue marlin, about 50kg, caught on Marlins’ Boulevard, is released by Bruno.
• A blue marlin about 120kg is released by Marc.
• A blue marlin over 200kg, caught trolling, is released by Philippe.
Some nice yellowfin tunas (40 kg for the biggest), dogtooth tunas (27kg) and small wahoos complete this trolling session.
This trip, in an excellent atmosphere and a rough sea, shows that you can have fun if you only look for marlin!