Christian Michel Claudou
The intense cyclone Joaninha blocked these 3 fishermen for 2 days in Mauritius without disturbing the 2 82-hour trips initially planned.
Both sessions take place on the Eastern Bank, except for the first day around Rodrigues due to the very lively sea! Well, these 2 banks right after the cyclone were excellent! One never knows…
Trolling activity is very nice, with beautiful yellow tunas, with the largest about 40 kg, wahoos (24 kg the largest) and 2 marlins:
– A blue marlin about 110 kg hooked at the base of the bill, gave Christian a hard time. The completely exhausted fish could not be released.
– A black marlin about 170kg is caught on the way back on Marlin’s Bd by rough sea. When the leader was caught, the marlin went under the boat and was lacerated by the propellers, losing in the same time our Black Marlin lure from Big T.
Sharks are always very present and some beautiful specimens of white tips offer superb fights before being released.
Jigging and baiting:
– Many trevallies are caught jigging and released – blue, lugubris and most GT
– Dogtooth tunas (20kg largest)
– Very beautiful rainbow runners (6kg the largest) jobfish, captains, damberris, groupers, red coral trouts, red snappers, etc….
A total of 24 species for this great team where tarot parties were held during the evenings and trips on Marlins’ Bd.